PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air New Package
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2007, 18:55
Albergineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Jackbauer you are right, unbelievers like you and bird dog should go anyway while there are positions available.
Hopefully the Skunkworks gang that one day in the short past ruled GF do a good job where most of the GF pilots are moving to. What the past managers did for GF? They removed the second full annual leave ticket and gave us the split leave ticket instead, three percent salary adjustment every year for us, a lot of advertisement, renewing of the first and business class on the A330 and some A340 opening unprofitable destinations (despite I loved some of them...) and not managing our collapsing fleet, maintenance, ground services, just to mention some. And even worst, they never talked about the real GF financial situation unless stating that everything was on green.
Judge now if BN and his crew are lying or not is too early, if they had announced what they announced some days ago when they started with GF, likely you would not believe on them, but they did now and many guys are relying on him, those like me (I did not resigned) and the others that are re-evaluating their decisions and staying (FORDEC, do you remember? I believe you and bird dog did the same).
Nothing has changed so much in my almost four years here like the last five months. These things are happening because board members gave to BN a go with his plans to make GF a decent airline.
Regarding to upgrades he was clear stating that if the things happen like they are predicting they could afford 30 to 40 upgrades in the next 12 months, but as you know in aviation twelve months is a quite long time.
Anyway, new fleet will come in due time and near future can be five years if you have a ten years plan and I am sure they are aware they can not work with the actual fleet but it will take time.
I believe in BN and he and GF has my commitment and as he said at the last meeting "... there are people that like GF and like Bahrain...".
The decision to not give us the new package was clear; they do not want resigning people to take advantage on their indemnity.
We have two options, believe it or not and if not... bye, bye!

Last edited by Albergineman; 26th Aug 2007 at 19:42.