PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed Simcheck
Thread: Failed Simcheck
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2007, 11:04
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all Brie, I am very sorry to hear about your sim check. I have a few friends who have been in the same situation as yourself, so I can't help feeling for you.

One thing that came from their experiences was that if they had the chance again they would hire a jet sim for a few hours prior to the assessment. As you say, transition to a jet can be quite daunting to the inexperienced pilot and from what I'm told the pitch power couple can be the major stumbling block. The time spent in a sim beforehand will also help benig your CRM up to scratch. I believe this is a major assessment point for any multi-crew position.
For me, I also feel that I may even benefit from a few hours in an FMPT2 prior to hiring a jet sim pre-assessment.

Since gaining my IR, I haven't had any real IF practice since June this year. It's amazing how rusty you can get, especially in this area, and especially if the practice is not there. These are my own thoughts I know and probably do little to console you. Once again I'm sorry for your experiences and best of luck for the future.