PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Jet Hijack
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2007, 01:44
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first time I have read this thread. To be honest I really don't know if I should laugh or cry at some of the undulated garbage I have read here.

Okay, first off I am not an airline pilot nor have I ever been one, however, and it is a big however, I did fly airliners with passengers that given the remotest chance would have hijacked us without a second thought.

I flew some of the most dangerous prisoners in the world, yes the world. Only on very few occasions did the guards out number the prisoners. I will not say what the guard to prisoner ratio is/was.

I was one one the very first pilots in this program and the subject of being hijacked was a very high priority to we the pilots and the personnel in the cabin. We did a great deal of research on this subject including talking to crews of hijacked airliners. We worked with the F.B.I. and Interpol. We worked with the US Military Special Operations people.

We arrived at one inescapable conclusion. The only way that a hijacking can be controlled is for the flight crew, pilots, what have you, is to GET OUT OF THE AIRCRAFT.

If possible to disable the aircraft before we evacuate. If the pilots remain on the aircraft all you have are hostages that can fly the aircraft somewhere of the hijackers choice. Not a good option.

If I was a passenger on a hijacked airliner I would pray to God for the pilots to somehow get off the aircraft. Then the authorities can really control the situation on the ground. On the ground we have a chance, not in the air.

I believe the events of 9/11 rather proves this.