PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX trying to use his mobile phone - was I right or wrong?
Old 25th Aug 2007, 23:55
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance you could book on the .1%?
Oh well, I was just posting my view which is what this forum suggests we do as passengers. Now it seems someone is hoping I check onto a flight that crashes...
Well, you may be upset at my views but I would suggest that whilst they are robust, they are somewhat less vicious that those on the charmingly named "Thick Passenger Comments" thread on another forum.
A stall has been set out here which requests comment. As a very regular premium fare paying passenger I have inferred that safety is taken too far given the statistics of flying. I believe that the majority of premium fare passengers want service first and safety in proportion to the risk...(that does not mean I think it should be ignored). The major airlines, are not doing this and some passengers are moving to business only services where, by talking to the crew, it appears that their training is based primarily on service.
Despite what Tightslot thinks, I do not for one moment belittle cabin crew and am always unfailingly polite and friendly to them as, in the main, they are to me. However, that does not mean that I have to like being treated as an annoying piece of baggage as a result of their training.
I am aware that my comments appear to have moved this thread off of it's original subject and I apologise for this. However, I do believe these are important issues and I am willing to defend them here or elsewhere.