PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 25th Aug 2007, 01:28
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atcomarkingtime,

Pm me. I'll show you around.

Quokka, we don't have ops managers anymore. We have ATC line managers. Surely you don't think they are as bad as all that. Hell, I'm one, and I sure wouldn't treat you badly or in any way be underhanded.

Both the kiwi and canuck OS controllers new to Brisbane are in my group. I'm not there actual manager, but I have been helping in some ways with there integration into the AsA ATC world. It is quite a culture shock for them. The Group Training Instructor is looking after them really well, and filling in the gaps in there training left by the ATC College. We are making a submission to the College to improve the lot for the next group of OS controllers. Hopefully they'll take our advice.

For all the ney sayers about being an ATC in Oz, I just wonder if you'd be happy in any job with any company. You are very negative about everything.

I've been in the job since 1983, and although things have never been perfect, Oz controllers are renown for being professional, caring controllers who always do their best given whatever circumstances. As one of my old supervisors used to say, "If you can't take a joke, then you shouldn't be in this job." Thanks Rowdy.

BTW, I used to work with Jerricho's dad, and I still work with his brother. And those two epitimise (is that how you spell it?) what being a good controller is all about.