PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maths or Physics?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 21:54
lovezzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah

I got an A in both A-Level maths & Physics....but the maths involved in Aeronautical Eng. was still way above me!! my mates on systems eng., materials eng. etc, isnt as crazy, but still pretty hardcore. i struggled throughout my course but pulled through in the end. not sure if it was lazyness or dumbness that caused my problems.

As previously mentioned, A-levels really are EASY compared to their related subjects at degree. if u cant cope/ arent good at A-Level AVOID engineering degrees at ALL COSTS!!

if i was to choose between maths/physics, both are important. In aero. eng, everything is taught and based on maths. but and understanding of physics is highly important for modules in dynamics, statics, various flight modelling such a aircraft stability and performance as well as the avionics side of flight control systems etc.

BOTH ARE IMPORTANT

FURTHERMORE, to reiterate a previous post, i got an aeronautical Engineering degree, and yet i have been offered an avionics design job with a helicopter manufacturer