PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX trying to use his mobile phone - was I right or wrong?
Old 24th Aug 2007, 19:18
Clarence Oveur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be a shame to miss an opportunity to pick the mind of such a knowledgeable and capable individual as strake.

I therefore hope he will bear with me.

You deduce that on millions of hours of flight, thousands of mobile phones will have been left on. What methodology did you use to arrive at that number?

On those flights where phones were left on what was the lowest and highest numbers encountered, and how where they distributed in the cabin? On those flights, how did the frequency of aircraft technical log entries concerning equipment and systems malfunctions compare to those flights where no phones were left on?

I also note that you have conducted your own experiments concerning EM interference.

What was the power output and frequency of the phone used and how did the measured EMF strength compare to the specifications described in the design and test standards applicable to the tested avionics? Where the tested avionics analogue or digital?

Furthermore I would like to know how those standards compare to the design and test standards of avionics designed since the 1970s and used in commercial passenger aircraft today.

Thank you.