PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East salaries
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 19:03
the Shue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
African Queen,

African Queen, and all other non-ACC SERCO contracts for that matter, I think you may not have all the pieces to the latest scenerio.

At the ACC, some expat ATCOs are hired by SERCO while other expat ATCOs (doing the same job off course) are hired directly by the GCAA, this is a situation that I believe does not occur at other stations, with the exception of local controllers being hired directly. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

At the ACC, SERCO ATCO's HAD a better package than the GCAA expat controllers but that situation has been reversed now with the introduction of a new GCAA pay scheme that makes joining the GCAA a much better deal. (By a much better deal I mean if you are new or if you are currently NOT living in SERCO housing.)

In Al Ain, do you have the option of working for SERCO or the local airport authority? If so, then you are in a similar situation otherwise it is not a matter of SERCO forgetting about you but a matter of SERCO not caring about you.

By the way, the letter the rest of you did not receive more or less is a pathetic attempt by SERCO to call upon their employees' sense of loyalty. I would guess that SERCO felt that other units were not directly affected so there was point in embarrassing themselves in front of you fellows as well.

On the other hand, you may not have received a letter because paper costs money.