PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence: Public ignorance, the media, and cutbacks
Old 24th Aug 2007, 19:01
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Never doubted your bona fides for a moment GA, merely used your post to point up the different reality of being "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" etc, and of being "On Active Service". Most of the UK population have never served, have no relatives serving or who have served, or unlike yourself don't even know anyone serving. This does not mean that they don't support our Armed Forces, but they just don't understand the diabolical state of the Services under this government. Appropriately I am watching an excellent piece on Channel Four about the TA, who draw an even shorter straw than the Regulars. Channel Four seems to be our National Broadcaster as far as the Forces are concerned, much better and more critical of the MOD than the Beeb, who seem to have renewed the love affair with Labour now that the People's PM has gone, but that's another rant!
Ah! what might lie behind that cryptic post L1A2? Thanks to DIN I can place any interpretation on it that I wish, so I'll just say cheers and stay safe to you all.