PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX trying to use his mobile phone - was I right or wrong?
Old 24th Aug 2007, 16:45
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paxboy
The rules of safety instruction are still, largely, in place from when flying was very dangerous and rules were taken on from boats. On boats they have lifeboat drill and we get 'life jackets under your seats' drill. No one is going to tell the carriers to stop doing this and, if anyone in authority DID, then 99% of airlines would continue doing it.
If that is all it was, I'd agree with you but it isn't, it's remorseless "telling you what to do".
I am not paying £3500+ return to be treated like a moron and lectured to by someone who has had 6 weeks training, during which time they have been brainwashed into thinking they are the most important person on the aircraft and a newspaper or pillow on my seat for landing is going to lead to untold tragedy and we're an hour from landing so sit up straight, stop watching the movies and behave yourself...!.
The reality is that flying is 99.9%safe and I'll take my chances if something goes wrong.
That is why I have stopped flying with BA and Virgin and now fly to the States with Eos or Silverjet where service is paramount and the whole experience is as it should be...pleasant and free of unnecessary safety drivel.
If you have the opportunity to experience this new level of service, I'd advise you to have a go..it's business flying as it should be