PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Strike?
Thread: Easyjet Strike?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 16:23
easyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, and that is a completely different matter.

What I'm trying to say is that the offer isn't all that bad, and certainly not bad enough to strike over.

Reading comments made by, for example, Kraut aren't helping our situation at all. I can understand why he is upset about his wage, he suddenly has to start paying tax! As much of of a shock that might be, the people based in germany could not expect this to last forever.
To then complain and say 'we' only have a 0.7% payrise and LTU in germany have a 1,2% payrise isn't fair according to me.
First of all, the inflation has dropped in the UK, so for UK based people the actual increase is slightly higher. Second of all, once more, the european bases get even more spendable income.

Do I think we should split the pilot community up? defenitely not. I think we should all be unionised and have one negotiating team for the whole community.
Pay increases shouldn't talk about RPI anymore, it doesn't reflect our european operation. Rather give us the number we get(what has happened) and then we can compare for ourselves whether it is worth it.
A majority vote would give the final vote, simple as that.