PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 14:34
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackEssex
Say I book (after Sep 20th) a return flight from STN - ? -STN and select the now free online check in. I check in online on the outbound flight but can't find an Internet cafe at my destination to print my return boarding pass. When I return to the airport without using the OLCI what will happen then? Will I just be checked in as normal or asked to pay £2 just to check in at the desk?
No, no, a Ryanair customer service manager will come out, apologise to you for the inconvenience and offer you a free drink voucher. Then you'll hear a "flap, flap, oink, oink" sound over your head...
Jack, Jack, what do you think will happen? (Little teeny clue: this is Ryanair we're talking about here...)
Will this now mean the max number of pre boarders will be increased, will there be no limit? I can just see the morning Dublin flights where it is pretty much all hand luggage only. Everyone has priorty boarding. LOL.
No LOL needed - this is what will happen. And I'll bet you that some point in the future, when e.g. 75% of passengers are checking in online (i.e. when enough of the lumpenSLF have been educated to avoid the check-in desks), Ryanair will redefine web check-in so that it no longer includes "priority boarding", and will introduce a new charge of £2 or whatever for said priority boarding. Wait and see...