PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conquest groundings
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 11:42
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VALE C441.

For one who regardless, reckons the Conquest will remain a legend in its own time, this is a sad but not unexpected day.

It is only a matter of time before all those types and yes including the B200 will have to go to the knackers. Funny but only last night I was reading Steve Swifts paper "Of Gnats and Camels" http://www.casa.gov.au/airworth/papers/gnats.pdf presented in 1999. I have zero sympathy with those "caught" with what are now mere kindergarten playground props.

Basically the manufacturers never imagined these types would go on forever, its not as if the owners weren't warned. There are more types to come.

It's time the hirers/users and operators of these types got in touch with the real world and started refiguring their FIFO/charter budgets. They have had a free ride for way too long and the operators who haven't been listening still have payment to make on equipment that will never again produce an income nor are worth a cracker.

The pass the parcel game is over.

I'm just glad that I had the pleasure of the girl for a while, while she was.......well a girl.