PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do I need to know for Air Law? (Merged Air Law Threads)
Old 24th Aug 2007, 00:11
thirtysomething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confuser

Hi,

I narrowly missed air law first time around , I didnt realise just how much benefit there was in the confuser ( which i bought before take II ) . The questions were not exactly the same but i was prepared for the style of question. Having failed it the first time i was correctly left with the impression that the questions were tricky ( e.g in a question on search and rescue signals the exam turned a " V " on its side and made it look like an arrow so i answered " we are proceeding in this direction " whereas in reality it was a " V " viewed sideways and the correct answer was " we require assistance . The confuser and going through the answers and the explanations for them was useful. I passed with only one wrong the second time .

Some people dish the confuser as cheating ( not here that i have seen i will add but guys on my course ) and whilst there some merit in it , clearly understanding an altimiter setting region is more useful than the chicago convention so I sleep easy at night . Take ( learn ) what you will obviously need as a pilot and use the confuser for the rest .

I used air quiz also and it was a good guide for all the subjects as to the general standard of knowledge that I had but its not the tool to be used in the last days of preperation.. ( right before each exam I read over the answer explanations in the back of the confuser ) .

One thing i noticed about Air law is that many things that were covered in it , came up in different disguises again and again in the other subjects, so overall it seemed hard to leave the entire exam bank without being repeatedly exposed to what ( to me ) seems important.

Last edited by thirtysomething; 24th Aug 2007 at 00:28.