PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exec Turbine - hurting pilots again
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 19:31
maxrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three's
Whats up dude ? I understand that ET charter captains are pulling 25K per month, not bad for working 2 days per week, sounds like a bargain to me ! Nice work if you can get it !

I dont understand why one would 'need' to supplement an income like that , ET pays pretty well across the board. Infact there are ET F/o's who earn more than Comair F/O's at the moment and work half as hard.

ET has a really transparent management structure you would easily be able to raise this issue with management without lowering youself to name calling/slagging, keep it proffesional dude !

Incidently, I'm not sure that your employ contract would have mentioned anything regarding freelancing on the side, as I recall, this point was handled as a 'Memorandum' issued by the previous Chief Pilot.

Also, ET hasnt "lost" charter work they are simply concentrating on developing their schedule routes , which seem to be doing really well. Anyway would you rather do a quick flight to the beach and be home in time for tea, or would you prefer doing a string of night stops in the @rse end of the congo, or, God forbid , an Orapa day stop, like real charter pilots do ?
In which case could you imagine the or amount of bitching and moaning which that could potentially generate?

Oerlikon
ET has done some awesome refurb's recently , specifically 2 1900d's in Sudan airways colours, their maintenance guys are top notch, will fly thier planes any day !!!

Last edited by maxrated; 23rd Aug 2007 at 20:14.