PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diary of a CPL student at Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 16:06
kangy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAY 12
Had an hour in the sim today, just going over some more procedures....

Took off from Stapleford, tracked the ADF outbound to southend and then did the VOR/ILS procedure. As the weather was so bad (thanks Mike!) it was a case of go-around and then head back to Stapleford to do the VOR procedure in & land on runway 22
Sounds easier than it is by the way!
Todays top tip - you've got more than enough to be doing while flying so get as much 'homework' done as possible. Take a good look at the plates, make sure you know whereabouts in the procedure you are (in your head), get the plane trimmed as quickly as possibly to allow 'hands free' flying so you can sneak a peek at the plates again.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got my printout at the end - nothing major to report all pretty much as it should be!
Discovered a problem though....
Once something new is happeneing, I have a tendancy to fixate on said object and my scan suffers for it. Things can go pretty quickly when in IMC conditions and the worst thing is to be 'chasing the needle', apart from this Mike said it was pretty good - brownie point for me!

Was meant to be flying this afternoon but a poor cloudbase soon put an end to that! It was into the clubhouse for lunch instead - (proper) sausages, mash, gravy, onions..... sound good to you? I assure you it tasted even better!