PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Test - Out of Touch Method?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 15:35
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Windbag
Some of these machines are scarily accurate nowadays, but I agree that the important thing is what is done with the info by both sides, if people are in trouble (or fat as T_E would have us call them) then councel them but make it a proper contract with some incentive (like keeping your job). No doubt with overstretch in both normal work and the Medical Services, this opportunity to tune up peoples health will be sadly missed
Okay, my last post might have sounded a little more intractable than intended. I realise that not all overweight people are overweight because they're lazy or gluttonous; let's just say that many of them are.

I agree that this needs to be two-sided. There's no point in telling SAC Grubscrew that he's overweight unless that is backed up by giving him a plan to shed his excess pounds and by his agreeing to see that plan through. I have utmost respect for anyone who has a good attitude to fitness, no matter how heavy they are (I won't, for example, be arguing with Lawrence Dallaglio, who rates as obese on the BMI!). They're the people we need to support, at the expense, if necessary, of those who just don't care.