PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Jet Hijack
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 08:14
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earl- drop it mate! You have made plain your criticism of the pilots. It is wrong. I have been undergoing annual security training since it started being needed back in the 70s. The advice is don't be a hero, be compliant, and get out if you can (thus disabling the aircraft). Leave it to the security people to handle. The days of the Captain saluting on the bridge of the Titanic as the water rises are gone- the days of the Captain doing a final walk through the cabin in an evacuation are gone- he just makes himself another body the rescue services must risk themselves trying to get out. The pilots just become 2 more people who have to be rescued. A plane without pilots can't move. They did the right thing in all respects under all current guidelines. I don't know why you are not aware of this, but it is wrong to draw criticism of them through your lack of awareness of current security training. You may not like it, but that's how it is.

I really don't want to go any deeper into security procedures in a public forum.