PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part M Briefing
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 22:58
David Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two corrections, one to my post above and the other to Trapper 69’s post. In mine I quote 650kg MTOM for the LSA category. It should read 600kg.

Secondly, Trapper above quotes ELA category up to 2 MT. No, it is up to 1 MT (1000kg). The Light Aircraft Pilots Licence will be proposed for aircraft up to 2MT MTOM, used non-commercially.

As regards the marginal anomalies that will occur at the ELA upper break point of 1000 kg, that would happen at whatever limit was set. There would always be anomalies. One has to draw a line somewhere.

As regards flying clubs and schools and use of an ELA category aircraft in the future, remember that the ELA is proposed for non-commercial use, and therefore the unanswered question (which I am in the process at present of addressing at EASA and in the wider EU community) is the interpretation of the proposed new definition of ‘commercial operation’ in so far as it will impact flying training, as just one example. The jury is literally still out on that and will be for some time.