PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 21:05
Tailorman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The facts

As someone who was involved in an advisory capacity (never been paid) with Unique, perhaps I could shed some light on the myths, stories and other half truths. MD started off with just his father, and then gained a General Manager, who was a former police officer, who joined on the promise of flying, stayed until January 2007 and then returned to his former life. There was another gentleman who helped out as a general assistant before moving on. In February, against the advice of many, MD recruited five pilots, amongst who were some of these threads contributors. As there were no aircraft to fly, they were asked to assist/deputise for MD at various times, and carry out tasks as previously described. A further four pilots joined/left in June/July 2007. There was also for a short while a company chauffeur, with no car and more recently an agency employed secretary. With regard to the Seneca, it was indeed sold, and the new owner is still seeking documentation from that sale. With regard to the mention of a helicopter, it is claimed that an operator with an AOC based just over the border in England had been acquired and will have their one Bell 206LR augmented with an A109 and possibly a Eurocopter.

In my estimate, that makes for one GM, nine pilots, one secretary, and numerous others who were asked to act as advisors/representative, chaufeurs, etc., most of whom have never been paid and have only received abuse for their loyalty and hard work. There is probably more that I and others could say, but with various legal proceedings going on, perhaps now is not the time.