PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Massalama List.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 15:17
Dixons Cider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All pilots who cancel their resignation should be placed at a weary bottom of seniority list for upgrade or fleet transfer.
Just as appreciation to pilots who stick with GF at bed times.
a400
Or how about - we allow those pilots who cancel their resignation to jump ahead of all of us and go to the top the of the seniority list!!
The ONLY reason this package increase has come about is because of the realisation that the large number of resignations that GF were facing was untenable, and that disruptions to the GF schedule and operations were iminent. It would be pure folly to think it was anything less.

I'm not advocationg that those currently serving out their notice period are the white knights riding off into the sunset, just that this package is purely a reactionary measure to the whole recent debacle, which was ironically bought about by the mishandling of the board, and in particular the chairman!

The problem I see is that GF is unfortunately never going to be a market leader. The bigger players in the region are going into battle to entice drivers for their ever expanding fleets, and GF is going to sit in the shadows on the sidelines. If the market drags GF along in this upward trend then good stuff. My concern is that GF will only ever do enough to keep its head above water. If the management team are somehow able to steer the ship away from crisis management, and you end up with something more proactive, I will be the first one to stand up and say well done.

I am really happy for my colleagues that choose to stay with GF and stick it out. This new package is long overdue and deserved. Congratulations. However, does the euphoria and the chest beating I'm seeing on here not make us look a tad fickle. Are we nothing more than prostitutes willing to sell out at a moments notice? Would it be more dignified if we just took the money, said thanks very much, and got on with it?

Personally, my decision to leave is an individual one that no amount of increase will change. Horses for courses.

And a400 - you stick with GF at bed time old chap. Hopefully you will be tucked in nicely, you will sleep like a baby, and you will be cleaned and fed just like you always have from the day you joined GF.