PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ray Mears in Helicopter crash ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:39
chopperpug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have flown him around, and his film crew. Had some discussions about his crash with him, he was indeed in the Machine with his cameraman. Now very appreciative of a good safety brief with location of all the emergency equipment. As we operate in a very remote area (Northern Kimberly, WA AUS) the crew themselves also came very well equiped with their own survival gear, so much to the point I had to get them to nearly leave some behind as the poor old Jettie can only do so much.
As far as the man himself goes, was very personable with me, and had some fairly frank discussions, however I don't quite have the same thoughts about the things he was talking about, but to his credit, he did always say 'In my opinion', and AFAIK, everyone can have an opinion can they not?
He was more than willing to listen to my side of things, and was not offensive at all, but beware, DO NOT cross his trip director.... shes got a bite and a half Maybe she just didn't appreciate some good northern aus sarcasm.
Oh, and he did apparently spend a while in the SAS and all that gear.......