PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:28
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solitary office work

My time in the office was spent answering and fending off calls from people who were expecting chartered helicopters to turn up, one poor chap who had bought MD's Seneca and wanted a VAT receipt, chatting to MD's girlfriend who, probably quite justifiably, used to ring in to find out where he was - just don't mention he has a secretary!! In addition, collating and sorting for the nth time under the latest sets of criteria MD decided to hand down, cvs of prospective employees for all the SJ30 jets we were about to acquire.

Apart from that time was spent variously looking out of the window at OTHER PEOPLE flying, eating, and looking at emails. The phone didn't ring very often, although MD is always very busy working late into the night, calls calls calls, girls girls girls etc etc.

When not in the office we were mainly expected to hang around the cafe of Swansea airport expecting to be invited to important meetings which never materialized. The thing which is sad is that we put up with it for so many weeks, but we really wanted it to work, and with the bank instrument document Sedgely the investor sent us to prove the millions in funding it all did seem a lot more plausible then than it does looking back.

Just call me a mug, I don't mind any more!