PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Friday 24th
Thread: Friday 24th
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:00
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherm, val, greybeard, squawk, kook et al as someone who was THE mod at the time trying to steer a steady course, 'twas a heady time indeed.

What I miss most is difference between the eloquent and educated debate from those directly affected and that from the arrivistes.

Who was right ? it seems from the below that there were "winners" from both sides.

If I had to come down on either side the "winners" had to be those who "lost".

Those who "won" have remained stuck in the Australian paradigm: good thing or bad depends on the perspective.

I think I know which way I would have jumped.

Doesn't matter, we do what we do and we have to live with the circs. ( too close to circumcision to me)

Either way life deals the cards and you play em as you see em.

We now live in a world where the sentiments of the the blow ins' reigns supreme, take what you can when you can and devil take the hindmost.

Was this inevitable or was that time a wake up to the "new" world.

If it was I'm glad that I'm a nanosecond away from picking up my doogs and going off to running a B & B somewhere, where I can pretend that life is really a worthwhile pursuit, as long as that lot dont steal the cutlery and fillings out of your teeth.

sui generis.

Lets leave the animosity in the past
I've learnt and continue to do so, is total bulls hit, a priqk is a priqk is a priqk from either side. We all now know who is who in the zoo and we hope are mature enough to deal with them .