PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC 50th birthday, looking for 50 cracking good stories
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 10:48
hihover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Squadron had a day planned on the Ranges and the Brigadier was due to visit. Of course, there were several concurrent activities to keep the chaps busy when not actually shooting. I had been chosen to host a Military Knowledge quiz stand. Me and my team of guys sat together and came up with some really smart questions (and answers) that I could ask them when the Brigadier was with us and they could demonstrate their vast knowledge of the Army.

We only had to entertain the Brigadier for a few minutes so we only had a few questions, We were sitting chatting on the edge of the woods and a few minutes prior to Brig's arrival, a very keen young Lieutenant came running over to check if everyone was ready. Upon seeing us giggling, he posed the question...."OK, what is the name of the Army Air Corps' Slow March?"

That stumped us all for a second but Bod the radio operator saved the moment by saying "well sir, I can't remember the name but I know the words."

"Really"??, says rocket socks, "What are the words?..... and Bod nearly killed us all with laughter as he said - Left..............Right.................Left..............Ri ght

Aye, I nearly bought the beers!