PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 09:41
whizzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your good wishes camel...sounds like we are getting cordial !!!
As for disillusionment, i think that can come in every job...believe me my last career left me with a very poor taste in my mouth. ( And it was a career that many would see as a dream job !!!!) I have no doubt that the job will be hard and tiring and stressful but i see it as a challenge. I didnt come into the industry thinking it would be easy..i think the first day of groundschool doing my ATPLs would have told me that if i didnt know already.
I understand your point that there are more pilots than jobs but how many of those pilots are actually suitable to the jobs that are avialible. Most airlines i see on ppjn or futurepilots websites are looking for pilots...both FOs and DEC. Im not saying that there are positons for everyone but from all the sourses i talk to and read about this is about the strongest the industry has been since 911.
As for T&Cs of RYR over other airlines then the only people to blame are the current and past pilots who accepted these conditions....and NOT the new pilot wannabes who have decided to push their way into an industry that rewards who you know not what you know. You original quote way back a few pages ago was targeting the cadet pilots and their willingness to pay for a type rating when EVERYONE some how at some time will pay for a type rating..whether thats up front or by having money taken from your salary for 2,3,4,5 years !!
Im still surprised your happy to sit and suffer these T&Cs if they are so bad rather than move and make your own life and conditions more tolerable. With the growing number of low houred pilots entering the system Im sure the industry needs pilots with experience like yourself to stay, but why martyr yourself and your career at an airline that doesnt meet your expectations.
Oh and by the way......you never know we might be sitting next to each other some day soon !!! Maybe we can discuss this over a cheap coffee !!