PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staying near to the acton!! Dispatch??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 08:39
Wannabe Airways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staying near to the acton!! Dispatch??

Hey,

Hope this is the right area to pose this particular question!

I'm a low hour guy slogging his guts out to try and get in with the Airlines. I appreciate all the ins and outs, however I'm just qualified and I'm going to give it 3-4 solid months of trying everything I can before I call it a day and go for the FI route, which would be a fantasic experience. After all, I believe this to be the best time of year to get in and that the market is doing better than it has in previous years.

For the interim i'm looking to get a job at one of my local airports. The closer to a/c ops the better! The only job I can really think of that might be suitable would be something like dispatch! (Any other suggestions?)This could be a great way to build contacts as your with people all day and of course the pilots, helping them out with their paper work. I guess an fATPL would actually look good when applying for such roles..

However where are they?? Do dispatchers belong to each individual Airline or the Airport authorities? Where are these jobs typically advertised? I've looked at agency websites, aviation job websites, airport job websites and even scanned the airline websites as I'm looking for flight crew info?!

Where are they hiding ..

Sorry to drone on... Any help would be much appreciated!!