PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Business Jets
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 02:46
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Business Jets

I'm crew at EBJ. I get paid fairly well, do lots of flying (about 300hrs in 6 months), go to lots of different places (I've been to 52 different airports since I joined in February), and work with a good bunch of people. We recruit pilots with various levels of experience and there is no age profile that I'm aware of. Promotion is ability rather than longevity based so if you work hard and dont fly like a knob you will do well. Salaries start at around £24k for FO's rising to £28 with experience. Captains are on £55k. There are additional payments if you work days off. There is some staff turnover at EBJ and its true that pilots have left recently but its because this sector of the industry is expanding very quickly and job offers come in thick and fast once you have some experience. I'm fairly new at the company but if anyone wants to contact me about EBJ please feel free to email me - [email protected].

By the way - we're all in this business because we enjoy it. Lets not start rumours and point fingers at each other because its tough enough to make money in aviation. All of us are involved in business aviation our clients read these pages because they are in the public domain - how about we all agree not to say things that might put people off using private jets whichever company it is.

I'll answer any private emails about EBJ that aren't commercially sensitive because I'd rather do that than see the company I work for attacked for no reason.

Cheers all

Tom