PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st Aug 2007, 23:05
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i will be happy.....just as anyone who has worked hard at anything and achieved what they set out to do would feel.
You are absolutely correct in this statement. You will be very happy if you get a job, as well you might be, it's a long hard road, I wish you luck.
What I am trying to get across is that it is the very effort you have put in that will likely lead to disillusionment. You should understand this. The very fact that you have struggled so hard makes it so galling when you realise that you're treated like sh1t and you will never be remunerated in accordance with the job you do and the effort you put in to get there.

if not im sure there would be a mass exodus to these other airlines who are "booming" too.
There are more pilots than good jobs out there. Hence the point that it's getting ever harder to escape the ryr "effect". This is having, and will continue to have, tragic effects on the salary level and general conditions of all pilots.

If Easy are such a good place to work then why are there threads on here about pilots lobbying strike action over T&Cs??
They are striking over T&C levels that are the envy of ryr pilots. Any other pilot force in the world would have never let ryr conditions get to where they are. We did and the rest of the industry is reaping the whirlwind. Easy are trying to prevent their conditions going the way of ryr. They were once worse, they unionised, they got better, now they want to keep em that way.

Your 1990 quote is missing the point. In the late 1990's ryr was very profitable AND very well paid.

What i am staggered by though is that after making your own decision to join RYR why you are so anti RYR.
I am not anti-ryr, i am anti-ryr conditions. I won't discuss my own ryr career path as I have no wish to identify myself. Safe to say, it's different to what yours will be. As I have explained to you already, I am still in ryr as there is no point in running, for the crap to catch up later. If its not stopped here, there's no future in flying, and I, for one, will change career.

Good luck whizzer, don't say you weren't warned though when the reality dawns.