PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B737 Fire at Okinawa
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2007, 18:03
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The means are there in this forum (Tech Log and Questions) to learn about what goes on- as I pointed you in the direction. When you have appraised yourself of what is happening, then comments would be welcome, but not criticism until we know all the details there are to know.

So presumably, the pilots have parked and set the brake, and the Ground Engineer is jumping about gesticulating. It might take time to get from his hand signals why he is so upset. Shutting engines down, asking each other 'what's with him?', hearing screaming, unlocking door. Jeez- call tower and ask for help. Hydraulics still running because APU on? Fuel pumps still going? Get picture, order copilot to start evacuation drill. Never do it now in the sim-always after abandoned takeoff only. Kill hydraulics, APU, should flaps be extended?- no time, no hydraulics now- make announcement when engines shut off, make sure fuselage is unpressurised or doors won't open, kill electrics, battery power, pull all 3 fire handles, twist to fire extinguishers. Possibly announce again as severity becomes obvious to 'get yer asses orf!', look through door- nobody in sight, smoke everywhere, only way out window- feeling warm- how was it you climb out again? Omigod I hope it wan't my fault- where did that all come from?
Is that enough? You wanted him heroically at the door flinging people off?