PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50 stories for 50th birthday
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2007, 17:17
Jeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually it was during a met check i lost it, and i am forever in debt to winky for spotting it again as we searched. never have i enjoyed cleaning a weapon so much.

We were on exercise that time because 662 were given extra time in the field. I seem to remember that HGS was the OC and on a previous exercise we got a gristogram in the middle of the night and the only sober/awake person in the unit was an airtpr in the CP.

I think Col Jim Orde was the CO at the time. He had previously been my OC and I will never forget him getting me out of the Scots guards nick on Christmas day 79 after the guard found me in the orderly officers bunk trying to use his phone to order a taxi.

I will also never forget being in the Scots guards nick the night reg and I shot mick douglas in the arse with an air rifle while i was on ROPS for being accused by their adjutant of stealing a breadroll from the kitchen i was cleaning - but thats another story.

Thanks for all the contributions so far, keep em coming. Voting takes place at the end of the month, so get your stories in print. Mega prize to be won.