PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B737 Fire at Okinawa
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2007, 14:49
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
armchairpilot94116 there comes a time when people must take responsibility for their idiotic posts and explain, and I think you have reached that stage:
why didnt the pilots just use the escape shute in the front like the passengers did. Maybe the last to get off but ?
How do you know the fire was not burning at the door after they carried out their essential actions?
they couldnt do anything further in the cockpit. I wouldve been out there helping the stews get passengers off and then jumping off myself (well I would have trouble fitting thru the cockpit windows anyway, but thats just me).
They have got duties to perform whilst the evacuation is taking place!
i.e. arranging deckchairs on the Titanic , etc (re: what the flight crew were doing)
What an arrogant comment from someone who knows nothing!
Now pray tell me what sort of pilot are you? It's Microsoft Flight Sim, isn't it? Well let me explain. In an evacuation/fire scenario, it is important to try and remove further sources of ignition. It takes the pilots a long time to get the evacuation drills completed before they can evacuate themselves. Look at post#3 here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=286354
That solves the mystery- leaving the only mystery why they receive implied criticism from you as 'you would have done it different'. Educate yourself and understand the problem before commenting or implying you know how to do it better! Or better still, stick to the armchair if you don't know what you are talking about!

Last edited by Rainboe; 22nd Aug 2007 at 22:06. Reason: removing non-pertinent comment