PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st Aug 2007, 00:16
whizzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back

I think i will be happy.....just as anyone who has worked hard at anything and achieved what they set out to do would feel. Thats not to say I plan to be RYR my whole life. But its horses for courses. Im sure there are plenty of pilots within RYR who are happy with what they have...if not im sure there would be a mass exodus to these other airlines who are "booming" too.
If Easy are such a good place to work then why are there threads on here about pilots lobbying strike action over T&Cs??
You obviously havent read your own company history
After three years of rapid growth in aircraft, routes and intense price competition with Aer Lingus and British Airways, Ryanair accumulates £20m in losses and goes through a substantial restructuring
source Ryanair website.
And no im not management...but i do understand that you have to be competitive in a saturated market to succeed.
Your stance on what should happen post CPL/IR being secured is, as im sure many would agree a nice idea in principle but is very out dated in the current post 911 market. Whether you pay up front for your TR or have it taken from your wages you pay for it whatever happens so why should it be so bad if you decide to take one route over the other ?? Im sure you think airlines should be out there doing sponsorships too but again the market forces dictate what the market does and right now they dont need to.
I do think its difficult to use past numbers as a guide to where we are now with the industry. Since these numbers you talked about were predicted in the early 90s the world has seen two major conflicts in the Gulf. The rise in extremism. 911. The opening up of routes all over the world. The combining of many airlines into strategic partnerships. There is no way the IATA could have predicted these events and so no one knows what the industry would be like with or without RYR or EASY or any other loco for that matter.
What i am staggered by though is that after making your own decision to join RYR why you are so anti RYR. You MUST have had all the facts and figures before joining as well as being in a stronger position as you were DE but still you joined!!?? Maybe im missing why you joined or something but to take the line that RYR are fooking the industry then why JOIN in the first place or STAY now!!????????