PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Expat Contract
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 22:10
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDG ...

I speak with Korean Air pilots on pretty much a daily basis. For the most part KAL are keeping their word at the moment, but as per the above that can change at any time. I say most part in that though the contract allows for 9 days off and 2 vacation days per month crew shortages have forced the company to cut monthly days off allowed to 6 (which is technically allowable, but until recently had never been done) mostly on the B777.

Salary and commuting details will be as advertised, but watch out for the things like what exact ticket code those four confirmed FOC tickets per year are. Where I lived only 4 seats or so per flight from my station were allowed on that code and those seats were open to all employees, so if I wanted to use my FOC tickets I had to book them 9 months in advance.

Also, I wouldn't expect too much action on an A330 application just yet. They have been advertising for a year, but they have yet to hire a single new expat on the A330, and to my knowledge have not yet interviewed one either. That may change soon, as there are a number of A330 guys itching to get out, but if they do, doesn't that tell you something too? It might be better to figure out where they are headed instead of filling the hole where they have have been.

ELAC