PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The military medical system, does it suck the big one?
Old 20th Aug 2007, 21:35
shawtarce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The military medical system, does it suck the big one?

It’s been over 20 weeks since I had an MRI scan on my back.

Until this morning, the civilian surgeon had been unable to offer a diagnosis because the military had managed to lose the copy of my MRI scan.

This morning, I had a duplicate of the scan in my hand, only to find that the surgeon I was seeing had left the NHS. I was to be looked after by another surgeon, but the next available appointment was not until the 1st of October, some 26 weeks after the scan had been taken.

I fully accept that I’m just a random aircrew bloke with a prolapsed disk, and because of this, my colleagues have had to fill the gap, that since December 06, I've been unable to fill. They are working harder than they should have to, because, even as a member of Her Majesty’s Forces, having served over 20 years (man and boy), I’m just another NHS statistic. As bitter and twisted as I’ve become, I really can’t believe that we are treated exactly the same as Joe Bloggs .

I dread to think how they are treating the guys and girls, who have been injured, severely or otherwise, proudly serving their country overseas.

Bring back military hospitals!

Loyalty works two ways guys.

2 years, 9 months and 5 days remaining ………………….