PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airsickness
Thread: Airsickness
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 20:38
BEagle

Received 342 Likes on 119 Posts
"THAT'll teach you not to go drinking the night before flying" he debriefed, some time after I had cleaned out the whole a/c.

But it didn't, did it mate? I recall your attempt on the Gatenby Lane record after a few sherbets and a trip to the chippy in Bedale. Nearly lost it on cow**** corner - I was on the floor in the back as your old Cortina estate adopted a 90 deg yaw angle..... But you did at least recover!

I had a night on the pop during that No.1 FJLI course - the forecast for the following day was pants. But, of course, the weather-guesser lied. So the joys of IF.... I coped OK until the limited panel UPs - then learned what a 'Green' rating was all about..... Check height, speed, 'g', roll, pitch, barf......

But as we were supposed to be aspirant razor-eating FJ pilots, we were allowed a little slack.

The late Pete Stone was a student on 21 Hunter refresher course. Came back one day 'fuel priority', broke into the circuit, then went around. Which caused panic in the tower. It turned out he'd parked a secondhand full fry over the instrument panel and hadn't quite had time to wipe the ASI clean with his flying glove! Pete was a great character, sadly killed in a Harrier prang some years later. RIP, Stoney.