PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B737 Fire at Okinawa
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 18:11
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Bedder believeit Thanks for your reply, I had thought it unusual for operations to continue. I realise, of course, the the JAL would already have been well into it's approach by the time the ground emergency was declared and they may have had limited alternatives with the Okinawa being somewhat isolated. So it may have been the last movement and all others turned away.

With regards to the successful evacuation of pax and crew, I agree that the CC + FC did a fine job but let us also consider that, as the a/c was just pulling onto the stand,all Pax would have been awake, and focusing on getting off anyway. Yes, they then had to get off in a different way but they were already 'mentally' thinking about going to the doors.

Depending upon the exact moment that the emergency was declared, some would already be standing in the aisle. Whereas, if the a/c had been taxying out to the active and then had to pull up short and evacuate - it might have been different. Glad it was a good, fast evac as they had fire on both sides and no time to hesitate.