PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 15:08
garethjk22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I have nothing to do with Bournemouth but I just find it interesting these talks on here.

The management are not pushing the airport, marketing is non-existent, maybe easyJet should do Paris because ....What a load of bullsteeth.

The fact of the matter is, this year has been an incredibly tough one for all airlines and airports, even the mighty Ryanair. Interest rates going up, environmental fears, constant terrorist threats, government APD tax etc etc have all lead to low levels of demand at a time when there is over capacity in the market place. Result, routes can cancelled. Yes the loads may be good, but if you are selling the seats at £9.99 then of course you will fill the plane.

It is nothing to do with the airport or the marketing - Blackpool for example spent a huge amount of money on TV and radio campaigns and still had 3 routes dropped - it's just a product of the state of the economy at the moment. it's a cyclical thing, and there will be more bad press to come - not withstanding this bad news, if you look at the likes of BOH, or BLK for that matter and consider where they have come, then it is good, but I do think it grossly unfair to blame the management when I would guess most people have no idea what they have done, are doing and how hard they work behind the scenes to get the job done.