PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Plan
Thread: My Plan
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 13:50
camel toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I understand with the age thing (although personally I wouldn't worry just yet). If you consider that if you were to do the CPL/Multi/IR part time in the UK as others have said you may end up:

a) spending more money as you have to repeat bits which have become a bit rusty
b) taking a frustratingly long time to complete due to only being able to fly 2 or 3 times a week

Therefore if you were to hammer work for 6 months and then go and do the above bits full time, the net effect of completion might be quite similar and you would have possibly spent a bit less due to continuity of training and it would have felt like less of a ball ache as you wont be constantly juggling work with flying with family, if you catch my drift.

With regard to the ground school, I have a friend who went the Bristol route, took a few months off work and just went into our local library every weekday and treated it like his job. Got the course completed with good grades in less than 6 months, can't remember the exact time scale but I believe it was about 4 and a bit months. He got to live at home and spend time with friends and family. It depends on how disciplined you are, if you feel like you don’t have that ability then go and get immersed in a residential course. Only you know deep down though what sort of a studier you are

Keep us informed though as these sorts of discussions help lots of people when deciding what to do.

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"