PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 20th Aug 2007, 13:21
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whizzer, you'll get in alright. Your attitude is so company orientated it's delightful for a manager to hear. The important thing is that you'll always be happy here. Why would you ever want to earn decent money as long as the shareholders are making ever more profit? I sure hope the day never comes when you feel like being decently remunerated for your efforts.
BTW, Easy and SWA also provide hundreds of pilots with job and are growing at a fast rate, yet manage to treat staff ok. Still, these airlines, by your criteria are not very successful.
Or should the industry stay like it was with airlines going bust every other week just to keep workers happy.
I don't recall ryr doing this when it treated its staff ok. Or Easy. Or SWA. Or BA. Or AL. etc etc. Maybe ryanair really did spend the late 90's going bust and I just missed it
Are you sure you aren't management, as you seem to have bought into the idea that it's necessary to treat everyone like sh1t to be successful.
Camel....you made a statement that everyone who joins wants to go Aer Lingus...i dont...you were wrong...thats why i mentioned it thanks
Quite clearly AL is an analogy of what's either happening or going to happen. The point is that the industry is declining fast.
So how did you manage to get into RYR??
DE. I happen to believe that once the CPL/IR is secured that one should then be paid for ones services if delivering commercial gain for a company.
YOU are providing THEM with a service, not vice versa.

BTW, IATA predictions, dating from the early 90's, of European traffic through the 2000's predicted almost exactly the traffic figures we have seen. The only difference is that the loco's have taken traffic that would otherwise have been on the flag carriers. Which rather scotches the argument that ryr alone are creating airline pilot jobs. In fact, as the older carriers had more crew per aircraft, the reality is that ryr have lowered the number required that would otherwise have been. So we have less pilots on substantially lower money than otherwise would have been. The late 80's and 90's were also boom times for hiring, but on hugely better terms and conditions than similarly experienced people are on now.
Ryanair has f**ked the profession and feeding the machine furthers that f**ckin. That's the reality.

Last edited by CamelhAir; 20th Aug 2007 at 13:42.