PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B + Subsidy - It's on the table - Submn's close 31 Oct
Old 20th Aug 2007, 13:01
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just in case you missed it.......

Do not have time for a legthy post now, but I do believe that there is a flly spec'd and will be available for deployment end 2008 if the go ahead is given, solution sub $10k and this is from the horses mouth for a change.

I also wonder if as I think LeadsSled made a point what will it add o new a/c. Well if for GA a/c the cost of a coneventional Mode C + Encoder kit was deducted (you would be buying that anyway) from the ADSB kit...it might ad say $4400 to your new a/c purchase. Or if they said they said you would still get the ADSB "upgrade subsidised" then you would only pay for the cost of mode C now. Ok some RAAA guys do not buy mode C now, but in my opinion they should now anyway, even if its not law.

Geeif we all had Mode C minimum and lots of Radar coverage, and all RPT (even low capacty) had TCAS, maybe none of this would be worth it. But ADSB is way cheaper than the alternative.

Its simple, and many other benefits can be spun off it for not much cost.

Ohh and for those of you who think big brother will be tracing your every Class G flight to invoice you, turn it to "private" mode or whatever it will be called, just like squawking 1200.......nobody will know.

Some of you are scared of ghosts.

J