PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks and loans - credit crisis?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 11:18
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the figures thus far from a neutral point of view stack up (roughly) at something like £600 for rent/mortgage, training loans £450-ish (very rough estimate dependant on individual circumstances). BUT it doesn't end there because first off those figures above are somewhat conservative and doesn't take into account 'living' money, whether you like it or not (i.e. fooling yourself into thinking "ah I don't need to worry about that") it does exist and you will definately need to budget for it. If you have a family or even a relationship then you'll to allocate something but that simply takes the total North of £1000 and that's just to break even!

People are still planning with a far too rosy picture of "it'll be alright on the night" notion, it might seem like it from this side of the fence but I doubt it.
Even if you do get a job a huge chunk of your salary will dissipitate to repay and once again that's not including all the demands of a family or girl/boy friends.

If you're not careful and realistic you can very easily find yourself in a spot of poo-poo. I'm not having a go at anyone in particular just trying to keep people frame of mind clearly focused on realistic expectations.