PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's watches
Thread: Pilot's watches
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 07:12
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wear a HK700 Ellesse for day to day use but as an offshore pilot one has to jump in and out of the cockpit quite frequently and the strap kept getting bent. I now use a Breitling for flying and it works a dream.
It has the black analogue face with white hands so it easy to see in all weather conditions. There are two seperate digital readouts so you have the normal stopwatch/elasped time plus 24/12 day/date and alarms. It is a Bentley Special, it says so on the back.

BENTLEY
MOTORS
Special Edition
Certified Chronometer
100M/330FT
Manufactured in switchinternet
By BRIETLING

It has a rotating bezel and as I am paid in US$ and my expenses are in Sterling it is invaluable to work out how much of a pay rise/drop I am receiving.
I have had it about 8 months and it is accurate to with 2secs /month which is probably as good as the GPS if it wasn't corrected.
The strap bending problem is solved as it has quick release pins and it isn't affected by dropping 8ft to the helideck.
The after sales service is excellent. The dealer who sold it to me has replaced four strap pins so far AT NO COST WHATSOEVER.
The only problem I have had with it was that the second hand setting button pinged off somewhere but it has an excellent cost effective manual overide, toothpicks are about 5p/1000.
Knocked him down from RMB400 to 260, about 17 quid.