PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 13:55
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TripleB, your if"s and when's and why's - you and PBL try to hide the un-nice cause behind all kind of nice words and theories.

This might be usful in a school lesson about logic and mathematical evidence. But we have here a case it couldn't be clearer.

Yes, you're darn right if you say that my reasoning is based on feelings. I feel that force of that engine (two of them) every day, and I know, that if they are not on idle, they pull me forward like crazy!!

Of course they would have been able to stop the aircraft on a longer runway. If their engine would have been in the TOGA detent, they might even have been able to stop it on 10 000m.

If you ask me, you don't see the wood for the trees. This case is so simple it can be: The thrust on engine 2 remained on 1.2-1.3 (PBL would give me 3 digits behind the dot - thaaaank you!), the runway was short and slippery. So what else do you need to discuss about?

Give it up with your far fetched theories. There is only one mistake they did, and that was that TL. Close that thread finally!

Dani <angry>