PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 07:26
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to disagree with PBL again, but TopBunk is again absolutely correct in his analysis.

The short runway is not a cause of the accident, it's a contributing factor. It's not even a secondary cause.

You can argue endlessly about slipperyness and deceleration aso, if there wouldn't have been this TL left in CLB, none of these contributing factors would have caused an accident. Please go through the performance calculation. The only primary cause that lead to this accident was therefore the TL. I would even go so far that he would have left a dry runway.

So if the TL for itself alone could lead to an accident, it's certainly a primary cause. And since he would have been most probably able to stop with both TL in reverse, the slipperyness was only a contributing factor.

I know it is very important for you to use the correct terms and to express yourself in a scientific language, but we are not scientist and we are here to search practicable findings for pilots. It would be nice to have a down-on-earth-approach about this.

I still cannot believe that some people here in this thread - after 100 pages! - don't see the most plausible reasons behind this tragedy.

Dani