PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Expat Contract
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 06:18
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the company I work for I've had no particular problem with managers of either Indian or expat origin. Every place has its culture and there is a particular flavour to the way things get done in India, but it is nothing, and I do mean absolutely nothing, when compared to the way things are managed in Korea.

In Korea it will often take an eternity for a decision to be made simply because no one wishes to be held responsible for making a decision in the first place. If and when a decision is made, regardless of the logic of the decision, that decision will stand forever and will not change. Changing a decision in Korea is not viewed as an adjustment to meet practical reality but rather an admission of error with an accompanying loss of face. And that, my friend, is something that a Korean manager will avoid at all costs, including the termination of your job if that happens to be the most expedient way to solve the problem.

I'm sure there are plenty of better places in the world to hang your hat than in India with Sahara/Jet Lite. All I can tell you is that it's pretty long odds that Korean Air is one of those places.

ELAC