PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accountability
Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 05:22
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC
I agree when you say...."Our contract already has mechanisms in place for the company to offer RA65 and DEFO positions - bypass pay. Unfortunately for CX though, every pilot they extend will incure bypass pay for an FO REGARDLESS of where he lives so based FOs will be partially recompensed for the delay to command."

However, let's say there are 40 extendees; that should mean 40 FO's and 40 SO's get by-pass. With commands running at say 10 per month, you should get by-pass 4 months before you start your course. In the past year I have asked guys coming up for their command course if they are getting by-pass; to a man I have got a blank stare........ I remain unconvinced the company are paying by-pass to the extent that we believe they should.....

Absolutely true when you say.. "I believe for the last few years new joiners sign a "I will fly the freighter if asked" clause so there is no reason that I can see why the DEFOs can't be forced to fly pax and freight no matter their salary."

However, I am certain that buried in the FACA/COS is a clause preventing anyone on Freighter pay flying the pax aircraft.....

A question for anyone... is there anything in our COS preventing CX recruiting an over 55 year old?

ATY....You said..." I have always believed in aviation that you take ANY improvement that's on the table...then go after the next bite.".... so why not take COS08?.. after all there were pay rises in there for some....