PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2007, 23:55
pokergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very good points , however. just one question if you ever did get union recogition, would you accept the first deal on the table ,now that you finally after all these years had someone, supposedly fighting your corner ,or would you negotiate!!!!!! I suspect the latter. Also a nice little earner it isnt ,being crew down and at least on the ground the customers have somewhere to cool down if feeling disgruntled after 20 mins or so at check in they are out of your face. With cabin crew they have nowhere to go so 5 pound upto 100 pound before tax is something i would do without and have either a a full crew or better product rather than the hassle of 9 + hours with disgruntled customers. Also earlier a comment was made saying it would be so much better recruiting cabin crew of a more mature age , with which i could not agree more however on the basic as it is now , many 30+ have financial commitments and simply could not manage on the poor salary!!!!! so its a very vicious circle. Unfortunatley we do have very young immature crew who do simply believe good customer service is simply turning up for the flight, on a weekend !!!!!! who hopefully (Im very naive) with good css and fsms can be wittled down.

Last edited by pokergirl; 19th Aug 2007 at 10:16. Reason: mistake