PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Strike?
Thread: Easyjet Strike?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2007, 21:15
ZBMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubik, what a load of rubbish!!

They already get close to the best T&Cs in the LOCO market and only blinkered and naive newcomers to this job think otherwise.
Do some research and examine exactly what you are getting compared to others in the same situation.
If I follow your somewhat confused reasoning, we should NOT try to improve our package because we are already at the top end of what other LOCO's offer!? What you are saying is that we should wait until what we have gained over the years gets chipped away, because we are the best paid in the LOCO market. This is crazy. How can we try to improve the general terms and conditions in the loco market if we don't try and increase the standard?

Talk to your management and make a deal.
We've been trying for the past few months, and what was "offered" by management was a pure insult on our intelligence. You do realize there is what we call a negociation process? We are now at the final offer, ie the company will NOT come back around the table. If the ballot result for the final offer is rejected then we will be issued with a ballot for industrial action. That's how things work, but you don't seem too familiar with that do you? Have you ever been in a union or are you just eager to sit on the sideline and reap the benefits of the efforts of others?

I deserve more because someone else gets this much!
I want, I want, I want.

I don't want management making lots of money
Nobody said that. We understand that management have a huge reponsibilty over the success or failure of the company. Therefore we accept that they are rewarded accordingly.

I want some of their bonuses.
For goodness sake you are unbelievable. We don't want their bonuses. We would like some form of recognition other than a pat on the back and a sub-inflation offe. Is this to much to ask, or to understand?