PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air, Are you waiting for another disaster??!!
Old 18th Aug 2007, 17:07
runway in use

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Air, Are you waiting for another disaster??!!

Gulf Air, 57 years since it was established. that means that they should know more about airline industry..

But it seems that Gulf Air is waiting for another disaster. The 320s are getting in bad shapes now, from the begining of this month, An emergency desent to bombay was made because of heavy oil smell on the cockpit. crew were forced to land and use the oxygen. another story, crew diverted to muscat after a slow decompression with the packs failure. some of the 320s have only single pack, and they still use them, what about if the secound pack overheats. i guess thats another divertion. and alot of other MDDs. i think all pilots are getting fed up. all you think now is what technical i'm gonna face today.

another thing is about BAS. they cant handle the wave, when the airpot is full of aircrafts, even though you advise them before about the time you will arrive, still one day we stayed 40 minutes in a remote stand after we landed waiting for the first bus to pick up the passengers, and guess what, APU is inop and no ground air condition was there, passenger went mad....and again after 1 hour and 20 min, they high loader arrived for the poor wheelchair passenger after she was put on oxygen.

all i can say, Gulf Air.....you really need to consider replacing your fleet, otherwise,,,a disaster is on its way.

chao,